2 – 7 May 2011
Intercessors from ten European countries met together from 2 – 7 May in Budapest, Hungary. This „European Prayer“ began in 2006, at a meeting of Prayer leaders in Strassburg. There God gave us the impression that we should meet in the country whose member held the six-monthly office of EU President.. The main purpose was and still is to pray for this country, its government and the church. At the same time, we ,of course, bring the church in Europe and also Israel before the Lord.
A small team prepared the way in advance both practically and spiritually. A slightly expanded team came together for the first 2 – 3 days. We prayed after each participant had reported on the current spiritual situation in their respective country. Also Israel and God’s purposes with His people have a permanent place on the agenda. On the third day intercessors from all over Europe and the host country arrived.
Some of the highlights from Hungary include:
– a regional prayer meeting with around 20 Pastors. They informed us of the situation and then we accompanied them to pray in three strategic places. That was very encouraging and fruitful for both parties.
– prayer meeting in Gödölö – a wonderful castle where the complete European political „elite“ meet for three days. We were able to pray there in advance of their next meeting.
– prayer meeting in the Hungarian government building.
– prayer meetings in smaller groups in spiritually important places in Budapest.
– an inter-confessional prayer evening, which takes place every month: this time mainly organised by the youth. We could blow the trumpets together with them and bless them. God’s wake-up call for repentance and change touched hearts that were very open to Him!
These are the speaks from “Hope for Europe” conference in Budapest:
I´ve just listened to the first one by Jeff Fountain: http://hopetalks.eu/jeff-fountain-why-we-are-here/
about blow the trompets: Video